Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Hello 2009!

Yes. I know I’m late in my Happy New Year post! But I was *trying* to put everything here in order before back to the blog wagon ;)
Let me tell you something… This year is going to be FA.BU.LO.US. Hands down. My resolution list is unbelievable long and I *LOVE* that because I’m nuts and love been crazy busy (and enjoying every single second!).
In general lines my Holidays were… hmmm… crazy?? Yes, I think that is the best world to describe the last weeks ;) I receive the year talking with my family (in Venezuela they received the year ½ before us) and PAINTING. Cool. And with a glass of wine ;) After the 31 I spent the first days of wonderful January planning this year. I have a lot of plans (like every year) but this year is different, because this year is my ACTION MOVE year.
Let me tell you a little bit why this is my ACTION MOVE year. First, I was reading Jennifer Pebbles’ Blog and she said something about the “Personal Year”. And mine is:

Personal Year 8. . . . Attainment and capital gains
This is a number 8 personal year for you. This is your power year, a period when you can make important strides in you life. Coming after a very slow and introspective period (the personal year 7), you may start feeling some stirrings of ambitions. This is a year of big decisions and major achievements. Activity is your keynote now, and you will find yourself very much involved and occupied. Opportunities for advancement and recognition for past and current work is likely to come about during this year. You have things going for you so long as you take advantage and act. It is easy for you to branch out and expand in a businesslike manner. If you are at all inclined, this is the time to exude self-confidence and authority, because others will tend to be receptive to your leadership and control. Your power and status potential is at a peak of the nine years personal epicycle that concludes at the end of the next year.


LOVE IT. And of course after reading Ali Edwards, I had to pick my word. So this year is ACTION MOVE. I’ll make a cool artwork with my work to keep my eyes on that little world.

OK. Now I guess I should share some of the things I have been working the last 6 days, right?
Last weekend was one of my typical weekends. Football. This time I decide to create some little handmade notebooks… They are cute! I have been giving these little ones to friends and in “thank you bags” (to people in the print shop, post office, etc), but maybe I will put some in my Etsy.

And I used the scraps to made little tiny booklets to include in the orders I sent yesterday and today ;)
This is one of my trees in wood. He is going to my shop tomorrow and this is a canvas I start on New Year Eve… I think is going to look great!


Happy New Year to everybody and remember to follow your dreams this year!

3 comments:

nolaa gallery said...

How thoughtful of you to give these sweet little books to people who are "involved" with your creative process. Sometimes we overlook the fact and take for granted that the printers get us great work on time and the postal workers get our work to people who love it!
Good For YOU!
Thanks for the email. I am loving your art!

Valentina Harper said...

Thank you so much! :) Yes, I believe is a lot of people who I have to say Thank You every single day.
Thanks again for your nice words.

Unknown said...

Valentine, these are AMAZING!!! your work is so gorgeous and inspiring. here's to a spectacular 2009!!