Thursday, May 17, 2012

Doing my best

hand A couple of months ago I was reading a post in Kal Barteski blog about a pain she had in her hands, and my heart ached bad for her. Being an artist I get super worry about my hands and eyes, and readings her posts, inspire me and make me more aware of spending time doing the art I love. Just a few weeks after reading her post I woke up with a weird new pain on my writs and I assumed I slept with my hands in a weird position or something like that. After a few days with the same pain in booth hands, I start wondering if the pain was a pregnancy related thing. I did a quick search and BOOM! I found that is "normal" to suffer of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome during the swelling during the pregnancy. I never felt morning sickness the first trimester or other uncomfortable symptoms, but I got the pain in my hands... NOT GOOD FOR ME. So far I have been handling the pain pretty good. I tried to don't complain because my pregnancy have been easy, no reason to complaint ;) But lately the pain have been bad.. really bad. Indeed I cried a little bit 2 nights ago and yesterday I couldn't work :( I know the pain is going to pass in a few months, and I'm grateful because this is is just something related to the pregnancy. In the meantime, I'm using my wrist braces and working a little bit more slow than usual. I'm just doing my best...

6 comments:

Fifi said...

I hope you feel better!
God Bless you

Faith said...

I'm so sorry to hear that you are having this unfortunate pregnancy symptom! Ugh. I feel like there are so many strange things that our bodies do during pregnancy, thank God it will all go away after baby comes!!

rachel awes said...

i too hope you feel better/
sending a whoosh of healing wish.
((my knees empathize...which have been hurting + i haven't been able to do my regular running))!
lovelove to you. xo

lori vliegen said...

i'm sorry to hear that you've been in so much pain.....i hope your hands start to feel better very soon! take good care.....xoxox

Deborah Velásquez said...

Hope you feel better. Carpel Tunnel is tough especially at night while trying to sleep. I didn't know I had it for the longest time. Sleeping with the hand braces on at night helps a lot! oxoxox

Anonymous said...

I stumbled across your blog, one leads me to another....
sorry to hear of your wrist, just a word or two of advise, see a physiotherapist or chiropractor that can give you some excercises to do that will relieve the tension and ice the wrist a couple of times a day. ice will help to reduce the pain. i know that you have said it is pregnancy related, but take care of it so it doesn't last...
you might even finds some excercises to do on line.
ps your work is beautiful