Monday, December 6, 2010

Paiting and painting...

December 6… when this happen? Christmas is going to be here in less than 20 days (in the blink of an eye!), and I think I have to start doing some shopping… or getting seriously crafty and work on some presents!.
Hopefully, 5 days before Christmas, I will start feeling the urge to take care of the presents and just focus on that… In the meantime, I’m enjoying creating and stocking tons of new artwork. I don’t know why, but I have the feeling I need to produce a big amount of body of work right now. It’s like something in my head is telling me that right now it’s my moment to create... no idea why, but I will pay attention to my gut feeling, the holiday presents can wait ;)

And here my last creation ;)
Looks like I have a theme going on here…

Ganesh Painting on canvas

Ganesh Painting on canvas - details

P.S: my newsletter is going out this week with a special offer to my readers ;) Remember to sign up here!

6 comments:

Stacey D said...

That is a great piece!

Unknown said...

It's beautiful, Valentina! I'm sorry I haven't commented much- been busy! I do read every single post, though. I hope that you're having a merry December!

Gretchen said...

LOVE the theme! My roommate in college and I both went to India and we collect images of Ganesh because it reminds both of us of our time there. I would love to buy a print of this to give to her!

SooZeQue said...

These are beautiful. I've always want to cut out this type of design in steel. So very detailed.

Laura said...

fantastic Ganesha!! Wow!

Rupa said...

Beautiful Ganesha! He is depicted in so many modern forms these days (you may have seen Ganesha drawn of just leaves pattern) and yours is so unique! May he bring you much success! I am truly inspired by your art since I myself always loved drawing intricate details in a saree pattern etc. Your designs really appeal to my Indian origins and sensibility :)